Inform * Teach * Inspire… The name says it all.
Thank you for visiting. This site is dedicated to things that help transform lives. Specifically, I discuss and teach about relationships – familial, platonic, and romantic – and the communication skills people can employ to improve them. I also share useful information about other aspects of life and details about my writing projects, do giveaways, list details on upcoming events, conduct Q&As, and more here. Come back often. I’d enjoy your company and conversation.
Who am I?
Well, in short, I am:
- An author, coach, communications professor, crisis counselor, mediator, researcher, genuinely me
- Full of GOOD words to complement your GOOD life
- One who believes we all should #KnowDoBeBetter
- Working on a plan to earn more credentials, but am #LifeCertified because I write and teach about what I’ve experienced, observed, and know.
- Focused on doing what I was put here to do – help people in more direct and meaningful ways
The longer, more official-sounding version of my bio goes like this:
Tanika L. Smith is an associate professor of communication who has worked in the field of education for nearly 20 years. She earned her bachelor’s and master’s degrees in Mass Communication from Towson University, has a passion for personal development and improving relationships, and believes in using communication as a tool. Tanika loves doing workshops on and writing about self-development, building healthy relationships, and speechmaking.
After transitioning out of the classroom, Tanika plans to step into a role wherein she can help people in more direct and meaningful ways. Specifically, she has decided to work with those who are going through major transitions or who are facing challenges by providing services such as anger management training, coaching, crisis counseling, educational advocacy, mediation, and patient advocacy.
Tanika volunteers with a national organization through which she provide crisis counseling services. In order to do this, she completed 34-hours of comprehensive training and a multipart background check. She signed an initial 200-hour counselor commitment, is well on my her to completing it, and will extend her contract when the time comes.
Tanika also volunteer for a local community organization providing free mediation services. As part of the organization, she helps community members resolve disputes in a variety of ways. Prior to joining the organization Tanika completed a 40-hour basic meditation training program. Consequently, she is a member in good standing with Maryland Program for Mediator Excellence (MPME).
In her spare time, Tanika enjoys spending time laughing with her mother, watching legal dramas, and penning works of different genres. Tanika has published several of her works and that of others through her company Pages of Life Publishing. She has also made contributions to several college textbook projects.
Notices and Disclaimers
- The information posted on this site should not be substituted for medical advice, professional counseling, financial advising, or legal advice by a licensed professional in your local area.
- If you like something you’ve read here, feel free to share it, but properly attribute me as the source.
- If you’re interested in including something read here in a publication or other media presentation? Contact me so I’ll know. In truth, I’m happy to contribute, I’d prefer you seek permission first.
- While I may highlight the work or views of others, I do not necessarily endorse them.
All rights reserved.